Thursday 12 January 2012

The smallest assassins..

Headlice.


Do I even need to go on!? The bane of my existence, the terror in my belly, that almost irrepressible desire to reach for the hair clippers..


We've all had those moments right? you know the one's.. Where you're busy doing something, chatting away at the same time to your kids and out of the corner of your eye, you see it.. And your world stops.. It's like slow motion, as you watch your child slowly move their hand up to their head and start scratching like a flea riddled dog.. 'Noooooooooo'.. Its like a scene from a horror movie..


Nothing can ruin my day faster than one of my kids itching their head!! I do not think I could actually loathe anything as much as I loathe the 'Pediculus humanus' or as we all call them the common Headlice or NITS..


I also dont think anything can arm me up like a general off to war faster.. "Right!!! Lotion - check, combs - check, beds stripped - check and the list goes on... It takes me a whole day.. In fact I do play the victim on these days,  but I waiver, backwards and forwards between the victim and conqueror.. 'Poor me, there goes my day' vs. 'Die you little scoundrels, die!!!'..


What gets to me are the parents who dont do anything about it.. They just let their poor kids get driven mad by tiny blood sucking assassins, and then the poor child unwittingly passes them on because their parents are just selfish and lazy.. and who pays?? The children.. Oh ok, we parents do also, but we can drink wine..


Its getting to the point in my home where its a weekly battle and I just dont know how many combings and hot washes one can do before admitting defeat.. I read an article yesterday that made me laugh, a woman talking about how she uses a vaccuum cleaner to rid the kids of said Lice LOL.. Maybe thats what I should do, throw out the combs and lotions and just before my kids arrive home, pour a glass of wine and plug the vacc in..


How was your day dears!? *kiss,kiss* here let me take your bag for you, just stand still for a sec *vacc,vacc* No darling that's Mummies drink, Now who wants a juice!!??


Mama, Madly....




1 comment:

  1. pmsl you are a cracker.
    btw - ditch the hotwash, lice cant live more than 48 hours without a food source, so wash everything and hang it on the line for 2 days, makes a great excuse to why your washing is hanging out for so long ;) *hehe*

    ReplyDelete