Tuesday 10 January 2012

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date...

Time management. I dont have it.

I wish I did, I wish I was like all the other Mum's out there with their proverbial sh!t together, but Im not. Im not when Im not working anyway... Its amazing, put me in work clothes, take me away from my home and family for half the day and presto I am the most organised woman you've ever met, give me a year off work with Maternity leave and im lucky afte a full day of 'home-duties' if I can get dinner made before 8pm..

Now I dont know if it's just me or anyone else is affected by this phenomenon, but the busier I get the more capable i become.. When working I can change a nappy, cook that nights dinner, organise 2 play dates, find a missing pair of footy boots, put the rubbish out, straighten my hair and feed the goldfish and thats only in the first 5mins of having gotten out of bed..

And then there are the nothing days, at home, raining, stuck inside, and thats it, nothing else!! Its like I woke up and then all of a sudden its 5pm and I've not even got anything out of the freezer for dinner.. let alone done the brekky dishes.. I dont know whats wrong with me, I feel so guilty on these days, yet I just cannot pull the motivation from anywhere, not even my fat arse plonked on the couch during morning nap time happy to watch repeats of Dr.Phil..

I do know running on time has always, and will always be an issue for me, we learnt off the best, my siblings & I (of which there are 7) our own Mother is a 'I'll be there in 5' and 40mins later you're ringing saying 'um, where are you?'.. Ive managed to get around that, my main wall clock is put forward 10mins, I know its forward but somehow on some level this seems to work for me, not so much everyone else in my household, but you get that..

Its my my 2012 New Years resolution to conquer time.. I truly wonder if it's possible..... I mean June Cleaver from 'Leave it to Beaver' seemed happy right!!?? Or is it just in today's day and age we've all become a little like computers, we actually overload and desperately need to reboot in an attempt to still function, and if we dont we just burn out.. That'd be nice, "It's not my lazy butt you know, Im on a mission, Im dodging the blue screen of death.. Killer that one!!"...

Mama, Madly....

No comments:

Post a Comment