Thursday 19 January 2012

Dear Eamon..

I have been really busy all week, running around arranging my kids.. School goes back in two weeks, and with that so begines my littlest mans schooling career, and what a journey it has been..

I havent spoken about my son really, but I wanted to share this letter I wrote to him last year with you, a leter about this journey and how amazing he is.. I only hope other Mums and Dads out there in similar situations read it and find a piece of hope in their heart -:

Dear Eamon,

To my beautiful little boy Eamon Lewis,
This is a letter to you my beautiful little man, on the eve of what will be your first step into something very normal.. Something that we all take for granted, that we assume will happen for our children without a second thought..

Tomorrow is the first day that you will walk into a 'normal' school and you will participate in the "Step Into Prep" program.. Tomorrow may be just another day to many parents but tomorrow is for me so many emotions rolled into one I cannot even describe it's meaning.

Eamon, tomorrow you start preparations to begin primary school next year, something that for the first year and a half of your life we were told would never and dreamed would never be a reality for you. A dream we never thought would come to fruition, a dream I cried for many long nights, only praying that one day it would be your reality.

I do not think I have ever met anyone with such amazing determination and strength of spirit, you amaze me every single day. You have survived the unsurvivable, 22 strokes, degenerative epilepsy and what will be a life long battle with Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy. You lived when they said you would not, walked when they said you could not and learnt more than I ever dreamed possible.. Tomorrow is a dawning, another notch on your amazing journey through life, tomorrow you in effect begin school! Not really until 2011, but its still a beginning!!

And whilst I know it may be a long and hard journey my babe, and as you get older and others realise your issues differentiate you from the crowd, please hold in your heart what I do everyday; You are phenomenal in every move, every word, every breathe, every thought you make and everything you do. Be proud of who you are and how far you have come, because I couldn't be prouder, and I definitely couldn't love you more than I do..

I love you my little bug, have an awesome first experience with school. You made it!!

~ The butterflies have begun in my tummy but I know he will be ok...
and now that everything is finally settled and sorted, not only can we say 'bring it on', I might actually be able to sit and write too :D

Mama, Madly...

No comments:

Post a Comment