Saturday 21 January 2012

Sister, sister..

I have heaps of sisters, no really. I do.

My Dad has a few and my Mum has a few and together that makes heaps! Some I do not get to see as much as would be nice. but all of which I love just as much as the others..

I cannot go a day without sitting down, hot mug of steaming coffee in my hand, pick up the phone and have my daily 'crap talking session' with any one of my sisters.. Although in all honesty my youngest sister Emma and I seem to have the most 'empty' crap to talk about and we're both quite happy listening to each others inconsequential boring day to day garb about nothing and everything..

We have moments where we can sit on the phone, doing housework, talking to our kids, completely distracted and not talk, yet one or the other pipes up 'did you want me to go' there is almost a sigh of relief as the other one states 'Oh no, do you have too!!??' .. It's a strange phenomenon, this connecting without connecting, even over a phone line, Its a catch-up, a touching base, a part of our daily ritual that almost feels strange to miss out on.. Two days, and no call, no crap talk and either one will be on the phone "Hi stranger, whats going on? we havent spoken, its weird"..

I love my close family, I love we all see each other for special occasions and our kids have grown up being close, knowing each other, hanging out.. But there is something different in Sisterhood, inexplicable, which Im sure is the same for brothers.. Or even those friends who become family, like pulling on an old pair of socks, they just fit, "Soul sisters".. A nice comforting place to go to, one that makes you happy when you're not, solves your problems when you can't, or pulls you up and puts you in your place when you need it, without any residual bad feeling..

A few of us sisters caught up yesterday, a linen party.. Oh the joys of growing up into stepford housewives LOL, but it really was a great day, because we were there, talking shit and you walk away and just "feel good"!!! Dont get me wrong, there have been moments of torment, and hair pulling and name calling and bitch slapping, but the one point that I feel people do not pay much credence to is, Sisters, aside from parents, are one of the most important relationships in a woman's life..

Sisters or Soul-sisters are your first and your forever, best friends!! They are the one's who really do know you better than anybody else, will love you despite yourself, your faults or their own downfalls.. The Ones you know if at any stage you really need it, they will dance with joy next to you, or sob with sorrow at your losses and most importantly hold your hand in the moments that do not have words, yet your hearts still speak to each other..

So on that note, I pay homage to my sisters and soul-sisters alike.. I just love you.

Mama, Madly....

No comments:

Post a Comment